Strategic Sustainability Training, in partnership with The Long Run
About the Strategic Sustainability Training
LATA is delighted to partner with The Long Run (hosted by Preferred by Nature, supported by The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)) to bring LATA members this free-of-charge 3-month course, which enables tourism businesses to embed sustainability into their day to day operations, expand positive impact and become more resilient.
This is a FREE training opportunity. Virtual training modules support tourism businesses to follow a step-by-step approach and:
- Take a 360-degree view of your business.
- Articulate their long-term vision.
- Embed sustainability throughout operations.
- Follow a step-by-step approach.
Integrating sustainability is essential to futureproof any organisation, especially considering the climate and biodiversity crisis. Strategic planning is the key to make business decisions and prioritise activities that achieve your organisation’s goals in a holistic, purposeful, and innovative way.
This training provides the opportunity to step back from your day-to-day operations and ask where your business is heading and how to get there.
What is happening
The training course will cover six modules, which will take place over three months.
What aspects will the training cover?
- Taking a 360-degree view of your business through the lens of the 4Cs — Conservation, Community, Culture and Commerce.
- Working towards a shared goal: Your organisation’s vision.
- Creating greater clarity, understanding and buy-in across all stakeholders (1).
- Creating greater clarity, understanding and buy-in across all stakeholders (2).
- Integrating your vision into day-today activities and roles.
- Driving positive impact through annual monitoring and reporting.
All participants are required to join ALL MODULES since the training was designed to build on each other.
What you need to know
What is the learning process?
Each module will include four steps on a three-weekly basis:
- Introduction: 20-30 minutes training video.
- Assignment: Carry out an assignment to apply what you have learned right away.
- Buddy Group Meeting: Attend peer to peer learning sessions to discuss the assignment and any shared challenges in translating the learnings into your day-to-day business practices.
- Virtual Clinic: Attend four virtual clinics to brainstorming sessions, discuss questions, share challenges and receive ideas on how to translate lessons learned into your own strategic sustainability (4C) plan.
Who is the training for?
A General Manager and/ or Sustainability Manager and relevant team members that would like to learn more about strategic sustainability (4C) planning.
What you need to know
What does the training require?
- Time: Total of four to five hours of time per module online.
- Language: Training will take place in English. materials are currently being translated into Spanish.
What do you commit to?
To benefit from this training opportunity, we require:
- Your commitment to complete all training modules to the best of your ability over three months.
- Your commitment to attend all virtual clinics, which will take place every three weeks.
- Your commitment to attend all peer-to peer learning sessions, which will take place every three weeks.
- Your commitment to use what you learn to build up your own strategic planning.
What recognition will you get?
Certificate: All participants who complete the training will be awarded a certificate on the successful completion of all modules.