The Latin American Travel Association (LATA) is a membership association that aims to promote Latin America as a tourist destination and stimulate growth of travel to the region.
LATA Members represent an ever growing travel community with unrivalled passion and knowledge for Latin America. The association is comprised of over 340 companies including tourism boards, airlines, hotels, tour operators, representation companies and the travel press.
LATA's core objectives
- Promote and grow travel to Latin America
- Be the authoritative voice in the UK for Latin America Travel and Tourism
- Encourage best practice and increase standards across all aspects of travel in Latin America
How do we meet those objectives?
- Create an effective trade hub through the LATA website for all its members.
- Provide effective promotion for all members.
- Communicate with members on a regular basis to ensure inclusion and promotion for all members.
- Produce high quality, industry leading, networking events with topical, useful and up-to-date content.
- Stimulate Latin American Press coverage through regular events and by creating a two-way channel of communication between LATA Members and the UK Media.
- Comment on any issue affecting Latin America to the UK media.
- Lobby and be the main point of contact for any media enquire for Latin America
- Lobby the UK government and FCO on issues effecting LATA Members.
- The funding and running of a far reaching Safety scheme monitoring hotels, transport companies and boats throughout Latin America
- The promotion and dissemination of information regarding sustainable travel, marketing, general best business practices
THE LATA EXECUTIVE TEAM
MEGAN GREAVES – EXECUTIVE MANAGER
Megan joined LATA in 2014 as LATA’s first full time member of staff and is responsible for the day to day running of LATA. She has over 13 years experience working in the Latin American travel industry. She has travelled extensively throughout the region and studied Spanish and Portuguese at University. Megan has also volunteered for the Latin Foundation for 8 years, heading up the events and fundraising team for over six years.
KATHRYN COOPER – EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATOR
Kathryn joined LATA at the beginning of 2002 and has been providing administrative support to LATA ever since. Kathryn works part-time for LATA and looks after invoicing, accounting and new memberships, and is on hand to help with any member questions or queries. Kathryn has worked in the travel industry for over 20 years and has lived and worked all over the world.