(Click here for submission details)
The Latin America Travel Association (LATA) is delighted to announce the judging panel for the LATA Media Awards which will take place on 16 May 2017 at Lima Floral in central London.
The LATA Media Awards recognise innovation and excellence across the British travel media landscape with a specific focus on Latin America. Every year, LATA holds an awards ceremony to celebrate and reward inspiring and creative Latin America features and photography.
This year, the judging process will be overseen by seven key individuals.
Joining the judging panel for the first time will be Andy Skillen, multi-award winning photographer and founder of FaunaVista; Nigel Wilson, professional photographer, tutor and lecturer, and Tony Mason, the newly appointed CEO of LATA. Returning to the judging panel for the second consecutive year are Eva Tarr Kirkhope, founder and manager of the Latin America Film Festival; Hugh Thompson, author and producer (with a particular focus on Latin America); Simon Stafford, technical editor of Nikon Owner magazine and Adrian Phillips, managing director of Bradt Guides.
The editorial categories of the LATA Media Awards 2017 will be judged by Hugh Thomson, Adrian Phillips, Eva Tarr Kirkhope and Tony Mason, whist the photography category will be judged by a specialist photography panel including Simon Stafford, Andy Skillen and Nigel Wilson.
This year, the LATA Media Awards include the following six categories:
- Consumer Newspaper Feature of the Year Award (print)
- Consumer Magazine Feature of the Year Award (print)
- Consumer Online Feature of the Year Award
- Trade Publication Feature of the Year Award (print/online)
- Online Blog Feature of the Year Award
- Top Published Photo of the Year Award
- Entries will be welcomed from UK based editors, journalists, bloggers and photographers.
- PRs a/o other third parties can also submit entries on behalf of their clients.
- Entries can be news stories, travel features or photography and must present Latin America in a positive light, encouraging travel to the region.
- Submissions for the photography award must be a photo of/in Latin America and emailed at 300dpi resolution or as a PDF scan. All submissions must have a PDF or a screen grab of the article.
- Web links will only be sufficient for the ‘Consumer Online Feature’, ‘Online Blog Feature’, and online trade publications articles.
- All submissions must have been published between 01 January 2016 and 31 December 2016.
- A maximum of three entries are allowed per person.
- All entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the submission form (please note a separate form is required for each entry), by 6pm (GMT) on 31 March 2017.
- Results of the LATA Media Awards will be announced at the LATA Media Awards on 16 May 2017
For further information, please email email@example.com or contact Kate McWilliams or Lucy Keenan at Lotus (02079537470).